Replace the Fuser
WARNING: The Fuser and surrounding area may become hot during operation. To avoid injury, be careful while working in this area.
NOTE: For recycling information, click on the [Recycling] link under the Product Resources section on this window.
- Power off the printer using the power switch located on the right side of the printer, toward the back. Press the power switch to the (O) position.
- Disconnect the power cord and allow the Fuser to cool for 30 minutes.
- Press the button on the top, right side of the printer to open the Front Cover.
- Open the Duplex Gate Chute.
- Release the levers on the left and right side of the Fuser to unlock the Fuser from the printer.
- Push the Fuser toward the front, and then lift the Fuser up to remove it.
CAUTION: Do not expose the Print Cartridge to any light source for more than 15 minutes. Prolonged exposure to light may damage the cartridge. Cover the cartridge with a light shield. Do not touch the shiny blue roller.
- Remove the new Fuser from the shipping packaging. Use the box that the new Fuser is packed in to pack the used Fuser.
- Slide the Fuser down and into the printer, and then push inward on both the left and right levers to lock the Fuser into place. Make sure the latches are fully locked.
NOTE: Do not force the latches into place. If one or more of the latches will not easily lock into position, make sure the Fuser is the correct Fuser for the Phaser 6180 printer.
- Close the Duplex Gate Chute.
- Close the Front Cover.
- Connect the power cord, and then power on the printer. A 'Ready to Print' message will be displayed on the Display Screen.
- Reset the Fuser.
- Press the [Menu] button on the Control Panel.
- Press the [Up] or [Down] arrow button on the Control Panel until 'Information Pages' is displayed on the Display Screen, and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the [Up] or [Down] arrow button until 'Admin Menu' is displayed, and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the [Up] or [Down] arrow button until 'Maintenance Mode' is displayed, and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the [Up] or [Down] arrow button until 'Reset Fuser' is displayed, and then press the [OK] button.