Clean the scanner about once a month, when anything is spilled on it, or when debris or dust collect on any of the surfaces. Keep the feed rollers clean to ensure the best possible copies and scans.
- Slightly dampen a soft, lint-free cloth with water.
- Remove any paper or other media from the output tray.
- Open the document cover.
- Wipe the surface of the document glass until it is clean and dry.
NOTE: For best results to remove marks and streaks, use Xerox glass cleaner.
- Wipe the white underside of the document cover until it is clean and dry.
- Close the document cover.
- Open the duplex automatic document feeder top cover.
- With a dry, soft lint-free cloth or paper towel, wipe the duplex automatic document feeder feed roller and the retard pad until they are clean.